"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Resolved

Hey, look, it's 2020! I know in my head that I only age one day for every day that goes by, but man, I feel like I am getting older much more quickly than that. I know that sentence might seem like a jumbled mess, but if you are at least 45 years old, like me, you probably know what I mean. Which is good, because I don't know how to describe it any more clearly. In fact, the more I think about it, the more confused I seem to be getting...

Size 6 Mini Skidmarks
Anyways, welcome to 2020! Like a lot of other people, I made a long list of resolutions I hope to achieve this year on a personal level. I won't bore you with any of those, but I do have a few blog-related resolutions to run past you. If you feel like, please help me stay accountable as I go through the year. If you see me not doing the things I mention, feel free to send me a friendly or even not-so-friendly email, text, or phone call reminder.

So, here are my 2020 Blog Resolutions. Oh goody...:

1. Write one post every week! My plan is to post them on Mondays. I will put a link on our Facebook page and tweet it out, as well. If you don't check those two platforms often, feel free to sign up to get an update emailed to you whenever I post something! Do it!

2. Re-do all the video tutorials on my YouTube channel and repost them here. Obviously, my teaching in all the videos is pretty much flawless, but I want to update the graphics and stuff to make them look more professional. And, the teaching probably isn't as flawless as I think, so I will try to make that better, too.

3. Do at least one new video tutorial each month. I have a ton of great flies in my arsenal, and would love to teach how to tie a bunch of them.

4. Fish more! Our kids are starting to get older and more independent, so I am hoping to fish a lot more this year, and have lots of good pics and trip reports to post here. Wish me luck!

Remember to help keep me accountable. If you want to let me know your 2020 resolutions, I can help keep you accountable as well! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment