"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Review of a Troutchaser's Guide

I thought I knew a lot about the trout streams of southeast Minnesota, but Bob Trevis' knowledge of the area blows me out of the water! If you are interested in learning more about it, you should be thankful that Bob wrote the newest book on the subject, instead of me. I just finished reading Fly-Fishing for Trout in Southeast Minnesota...a Troutchaser's Guide, and I came away with at least a dozen new places I plan to fish in the near future. I can't imagine anyone not finding some enticing new nuggets of info while reading Bob's book.

Bob came about his extensive knowledge of the area honestly, through 30+ years of fishing and/or guiding. Not only does he know where to fish, but also where the best places are to camp, take a warm shower, and find a tasty hot dog while moving from one stream to another. And he seems happy to share this info with you, the reader. What a guy! He's even happy to warn you where the worst patches of itchy wild parsnip are growing, so you can decide whether to go there or not. This is as detailed a guidebook as I have ever seen.

It's also an easy read, and beautiful to boot. Filled with beautiful, full-color photos, it is sure to get you drooling over the trout fishing possibilities in SE Minnesota. As I sit here in my cold den, with my space heater working overtime trying to keep my toes warm, all I can think about is warm summer temps, running water, and feisty brown trout on the end of my line in a beautiful southeastern stream. I can't wait!!!

Find more info and order Bob's book from his website, www.troutchasers.net. You can also find it at all the Twin Cities area fly shops, and Bob will also be selling it at the two nearby fly fishing expos in March, first in River Falls, WI on March 12th, and then in White Bear Lake, MN on March 18-20. If you are going to be fishing for trout in SE Minnesota, you are going to want to pick up a copy of this guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment