"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Monday, March 19, 2018

Great Waters Expo, Day 3

The 2018 Great Waters Expo ended yesterday. Like most Sundays of past years at this event, it wasn't nearly as busy as the previous two days. But there were still a good amount of people. And there were very few, umm, let's call them "atypical" people there compared to previous Sunday crowds. For some reason it has always seemed like Sundays brought out the "atypical" people to this event, not that there's anything wrong with "atypical" people. They are just a little, you know, "atypical". I'm sure a lot of, if not most, people would consider me to be "atypical" in certain environments... I kind of missed seeing some "atypical" people this year...

Since I wasn't on the schedule to start tying flies until 1PM, I was able to partake in one of the seminars in the morning. It was a "Writer's Roundtable", in which fly fishing writers from around the country gathered together to talk their trade. Being a blogger and sometimes freelance writer, I was excited to hear what they had to say. I learned a few things, but the main thing I learned is that writing is a very personal thing, and I just gotta do it the way I do it. Sounds good to me!
I didn't take any photos of the actual Writer's Roundtable, but this is a pretty good facsimile...

After the writing seminar I headed over to my table in the fly tying area to tie up a few more flies and talk to people. I was still on my unexplainable Stimulator kick, but I changed up the color again to a rusty brown and peacock color scheme. I think they will work well... Last year at this event I tied a lot of Stimulators, too. Maybe I will figure out something different to tie next year. I have a year to think about it. I would hope I could figure out something by then, but knowing me, I probably won't. Who doesn't like Stimulators?!?!
Stimmies
Some of my flies being sold at the Lund's Fly Shop booth. Oh yeah...
Some of the other peeps working in the Fly Tying area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment