"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Friday, February 2, 2018

On The Air

I live in a major metropolitan area. There is something like 3.28 million people living in that metro area, if you can believe the statisticians at Google. And while my house is in what you would probably call an "inner-ring" suburb, it's only a handful of miles from a major urban downtown, filled with skyscrapers and city buses and all of the other stuff you would associate with a downtown area. As you can imagine, being the tree-hugging, fly fishing kind of guy that I am, I don't go downtown very often. But it's there, in case I need it for some odd reason.

You might think that my actual town, the inner-ring suburb I mentioned earlier, which is home to about 25,000 people, might be a mini version of its big neighbor city: people rushing back and forth, Millennials and coffee shops on every corner, all of the other stuff that big cities are known for. That's kind of true, but it also has a lot of elements that are more reminiscent of a small town. One of those elements is the local television "news" show.

New Brighton Now! is a show that highlights the people, places, and events that happen around my town, and for some reason they have been inclined to have me on not once, but twice, to talk about my upcoming fly tying classes and tie a fly. Last year I tied a silver wooly bugger. Last week I was on again and tied a purple Skidmark. I was happy with my appearance, mostly because I didn't faint under the hot lights. Take a look and see what you think. And if you're in my major metropolitan area and you want to take some fly tying lessons, make sure you sign up!


Skidmark

2 comments:

  1. Scott, well-done. Also, you made it look "easy" for non-tying viewers. Good luck with the classes.

    ReplyDelete