"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Monday, March 6, 2017

Finished!

I finished my big fly order a few days ago, and it feels rather strange. I had been spending almost every night for the past several months down in my basement office tying flies, after the Wife and kids were in bed. But now, I don't need to do that. It's weird. This past Saturday I actually got to sit next to the aforementioned Wife while we watched a movie, instead of down on the floor, tying flies while sitting in front of the coffee table. It was nice, but odd. I don't know how else to describe it. Thankfully, I am sure I will get back into the swing of not having to tie flies, at least until next fall, when hopefully I will get another order.
All the flies in my order. It was 18 dozen, but they are small, so to me it feels like it should look more impressive. Oh well...
All the Size 18 BWO KlinkHansons
Aside from the oddness I feel, I am also very happy that a fly I designed, the KlinkHanson, will again be available for people to buy. We used to sell them at the shop I used to work at, but since I stopped working there, the KlinkHanson hasn't been available anywhere. But, I am happy to report that Lund's Fly Shop ordered 6 dozen of them, so now you can get them in a size 18 BWO version, and a size 16 in an Adams color scheme. If you are in western Wisconsin, make sure you swing through River Falls and pick some up at Lund's. You can even tell them Scott sent you, although that probably won't make any difference...
Size 18 BWO KlinkHanson, close up.
Size 16 Adams KlinkHanson, close up.


No comments:

Post a Comment