"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Monday, March 18, 2019

Great Waters: The Aftermath



I am worn out. It was a grueling weekend. I worked hard. From the way I feel you would think that I had been pouring a concrete slab or felling a bunch of trees. But no, what I was doing was even more strenuous. I spent the entire weekend tying flies! And talking to people. That last part was probably the most strenuous...

I was at the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo all weekend, and it was a great time. The best part was seeing a bunch of old friends I only get to see once or twice a year. And the rest was fun, too. I tied a ton of flies, mostly KlinkHansons and Glass Bead Caddis Pupae. I talked to a ton of people who were watching me and all the other fly tyers do our thing. It was a lot of fun, but now I don't feel like doing anything. I am worn out. I forgot how tiring this weekend can be. I've only been awake for a couple of hours today, but I already feel like taking a nap. Good thing I am at work. Today should be much less grueling than the weekend was!


My table for all three days of the Expo.

People loved the buttons, stickers, and magnets. 

A display of a gaggle of different colored KlinkHansons

I probably utilized this sign too much over the weekend... there was a lot of stuff to see at the Expo!

As seen at the Lund's Fly Shop booth... The only thing is I think I tied some of these flies when I was in Guatemala doing super-secret espionage work for our government... oh wait, I mean, I've never been to Guatemala...
Sulphur KlinkHanson, size 16

Adams KlinkHanson, Size 16

Glass Bead Caddis Pupae, size 14

Hi-Viz Squirrel KlinkHanson, size 16

No comments:

Post a Comment