"Sometimes, you just need to go downstairs and waggle a rod..." - Scott Hanson

"Write what you know. If you don't know, make it up..." - Scott Hanson

"A dude can't live on just two fly rods alone..." - Scott Hanson

Man, I have some deep thoughts...

Monday, October 15, 2018

R.I.P. 2018 Trout Season

Today marks the last day of the trout season around here. Since I am not out on the water, I thought it would be fun to take a pictorial look back on the season that was. Join me, won't you?

For me, the season started on an absurdly cold and snowy day in February.
This is Ted. He can be very persuasive about going fishing, even when the weather is terrible...
Ice in the guide.
I didn't actually fish this day, but I did have fun at the 1st Annual Kinni Mini Clave in May.
 
The "Clave" is a great place to try out fiberglass rods!
Going through our stuff before hitting the stream in Forestville State Park.


Trout Trip at Forestville State Park

Lots of fish in this stretch...
A nice, buttery Brown.

My buddy Bryon's first Brookie.

Smallest trout of 2018.

"Watching the woods"

A rare graphite appearance.

Just one of the dangers of trout fishing.

North Shore stream.

Mayfly
Appalachian stream.

The Madame X seemed like a good choice...

Another buttery Brown.

Wrong way!

Last fly of the season: a completely battered Mushroom & Swiss Bugger. Thanks 2018 trout season!


No comments:

Post a Comment